East Bay News
Alameda County coroner working to ID woman's body
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- The Alameda County coroner is working on confirming the identity of a woman's body found near Vacaville last Friday. Meanwhile, friends of a missing Oakland woman, Sandra Coke continue to hold out hope for her safe return.
Coke disappeared August 4. The 50-year-old had told her daughter she would only be gone for about a half hour.
Police say she was reportedly last seen with Randy Alana, a violent sex offender with a long criminal history. Alana was arrested last week on a parole violation and is still in jail.
Authorities found a body on Friday during a search near Vacaville but aren't ready to make an announcement whether the body is Coke's.
Law enforcement officials called Alana a person of interest in Coke's disappearance. They say the two dated briefly about 20 years ago.
Coke's family says investigators have asked them not to comment in the case, but they released a statement thanking the public for support during this time.
Anyone who may have seen Coke is asked to call the Oakland Police Department's missing persons unit at (510)-238-3641, Crime Stoppers of Oakland at (510)-777-8672, tip line at (510)-777-2805, toll-free tip hotline at (855)-TIPS-247, family and friends tip line at (415)-385-5190, or email tips to FindSandraCoke@gmail.com.
missing person, oakland, OPD, solano county, vallejo, vacaville, east bay news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos