East Bay News
Antioch boy mauled by pit bull may undergo surgery
ANTIOCH, Calif. (KGO) -- A 10-year-old Antioch boy, who was attacked by a pit bull, is set to undergo more surgery Wednesday to repair deep injuries to his head and face.
Hunter Kilbourn's mother says her son was responsive Tuesday morning, but felt nauseous and was running a fever.
Kilbourn was mauled Sunday morning while visiting friends at a house on Reseda Drive in Antioch.
The dog has been quarantined for a week by animal control.
A fund established by a family friend has already raised $2,400 to help with Kilbourn's medical costs.
antioch, dog attack, children, animal, east bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes 57 min ago
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos