East Bay News
Couple seeking owners of lost puppy found in SF Bay
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A Berkeley couple is looking for the owners of a lost puppy found swimming in the middle of San Francisco Bay.
The black Labrador mix is recuperating after the frightening ordeal.
It was swimming far off the Berkeley Pier heading towards Angel Island when a group of windsurfers spotted her.
Lisa Grodin's husband was passing by on an inflatable boat and hauled the dog in.
It was shaking, scared and suffering from mild hypothermia.
"She was pretty cold last night. It was rough out there. They say the water was really choppy. And it was amazing that they found her and that she got a ride home," Grodin said.
She's not quite home yet. The dog had a nice collar on, but no ID tag or microchip, so there's isn't a way to contact the owner.
Grodin and her husband may consider adopting the puppy but would prefer to reunite it with its family.
animal, berkeley, san francisco bay, east bay news
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope 2 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore 57 min ago
- 10-year-old girl to become Wonder Girl in Vallejo
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list 45 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming electronics
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Journals show students' despair, hope
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos