East Bay News
Couple seeking owners of lost puppy found in SF Bay
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A Berkeley couple is looking for the owners of a lost puppy found swimming in the middle of San Francisco Bay.
The black Labrador mix is recuperating after the frightening ordeal.
It was swimming far off the Berkeley Pier heading towards Angel Island when a group of windsurfers spotted her.
Lisa Grodin's husband was passing by on an inflatable boat and hauled the dog in.
It was shaking, scared and suffering from mild hypothermia.
"She was pretty cold last night. It was rough out there. They say the water was really choppy. And it was amazing that they found her and that she got a ride home," Grodin said.
She's not quite home yet. The dog had a nice collar on, but no ID tag or microchip, so there's isn't a way to contact the owner.
Grodin and her husband may consider adopting the puppy but would prefer to reunite it with its family.
animal, berkeley, san francisco bay, east bay news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Stocks close mostly higher on earnings; Apple up
- California bill attacks growing corporate wage gap
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Historic Cal theater to reopen as live music venue
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued