East Bay News
Couple seeking owners of lost puppy found in SF Bay
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A Berkeley couple is looking for the owners of a lost puppy found swimming in the middle of San Francisco Bay.
The black Labrador mix is recuperating after the frightening ordeal.
It was swimming far off the Berkeley Pier heading towards Angel Island when a group of windsurfers spotted her.
Lisa Grodin's husband was passing by on an inflatable boat and hauled the dog in.
It was shaking, scared and suffering from mild hypothermia.
"She was pretty cold last night. It was rough out there. They say the water was really choppy. And it was amazing that they found her and that she got a ride home," Grodin said.
She's not quite home yet. The dog had a nice collar on, but no ID tag or microchip, so there's isn't a way to contact the owner.
Grodin and her husband may consider adopting the puppy but would prefer to reunite it with its family.
animal, berkeley, san francisco bay, east bay news
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was deliberate 1 min ago
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems 37 min ago
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Police arrest woman in connection with shooting 57 min ago
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was...
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos