East Bay News
Couple seeking owners of lost puppy found in SF Bay
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A Berkeley couple is looking for the owners of a lost puppy found swimming in the middle of San Francisco Bay.
The black Labrador mix is recuperating after the frightening ordeal.
It was swimming far off the Berkeley Pier heading towards Angel Island when a group of windsurfers spotted her.
Lisa Grodin's husband was passing by on an inflatable boat and hauled the dog in.
It was shaking, scared and suffering from mild hypothermia.
"She was pretty cold last night. It was rough out there. They say the water was really choppy. And it was amazing that they found her and that she got a ride home," Grodin said.
She's not quite home yet. The dog had a nice collar on, but no ID tag or microchip, so there's isn't a way to contact the owner.
Grodin and her husband may consider adopting the puppy but would prefer to reunite it with its family.
animal, berkeley, san francisco bay, east bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep 26 min ago
- Korean Air A380 hits 2 light poles at LA airport
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 28 min ago
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
28 min ago