East Bay News
Wrong way car chase ends in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- A chase went the wrong way on an East Bay freeway before Alameda County Sheriff's deputies arrested three people and seized an assault weapon.
That pursuit ended when the suspects crashed a stolen car, at Montana Street and Laguna Avenue in Oakland.
Oakland police first tried to stop the car, before the driver went the wrong way on I-580.
A police helicopter spotted the car in San Leandro and sheriff's deputies chased it back into Oakland.
Deputies say they found a semi-automatic TEC-9 handgun inside the car. Three people were arrested.
oakland, alameda county, east bay news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday