East Bay News
Person of interest in Oakland woman's murder in court
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- The sex offender who is a person of interest in the disappearance and death of an Oakland woman made a brief court appearance Friday morning.
It was for an unrelated charge, but we did learn that 56-year-old Randy Alana was not allowed to have any contact with Sandra Coke. He is being held for parole violation.
The judge decided Friday morning to continue to hold him in jail and decided not to set bail. We also learned what police believe he did to violate his parole.
"Well the judge said that there were there various terms and conditions of parole that he's accused of violating," prosecutor Paul Hora said. "One of them was having contact with Sandra Coke. Another one was not charging his GPS. A third one was resisting arrest."
A fourth accusation is absconding parole.
What's missing is the why. Police tell us they can't say why he wasn't allowed to have contact with Coke. So there is a history there, but we just don't know what it is yet.
The 50-year-old's body was found in a Vacaville park a week ago. Police say she was last seen with Alana, a man with a violent criminal history.
He's being called a person of interest in the case of her murder, not a suspect; he's not charged with her murder.
When asked if they can give us any more information about the case, if any charges would be coming, they said not at this time, no comment.
Friends and colleagues of Sandra Coke have set up a fund in her memory. The money will go toward her teenage daughter's care and education. For more information on how to donate, click here.
missing person, oakland, OPD, solano county, vallejo, vacaville, cellphone, internet, murder, east bay news, amy hollyfield
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire 44 min ago
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- Strong winds destroy boats at Oyster Point
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries 14 min ago
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos