East Bay News
Two killed, two injured in East Oakland shooting
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Two people were killed and two more badly injured in a shooting in East Oakland late Friday night, police said.
The shooting was reported a short time after 11 p.m. Friday in the 500 block of 105th Avenue, Oakland police Officer J. Moore said.
Officers arriving on the scene located three victims suffering from gunshot wounds.
One was pronounced dead at the scene and another later died at a hospital, Moore said.
A third victim remained hospitalized in critical condition this morning.
Moore said a fourth victim suffering from gunshot wounds took himself to the hospital in stable condition late Friday night.
No suspect information was available and no arrests had been made as of this morning.
shooting, oakland, east bay news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan
- Online retailers take part in Free Shipping Day 44 min ago
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 US films to be preserved
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday