East Bay News
Oakland police search for quadruple shooting suspect
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- A manhunt is underway as Oakland police search for a gunman who shot four people.
It's another violent and outrageous shooting on the books for Oakland. This one happened in broad daylight on the 1700 block of Telegraph Avenue near 17th Street.
It started a little after 4 p.m. with the apparent break in of a white car where a window was smashed and a purse was stolen. It ended minutes later across the streets on Telegraph at the Bad Boyz Hair & Barber Salon where four people were shot.
This apparently started when a man noticed his girlfriend's purse being stolen. Officials say that man ran down 18th Street after two men, confronted them, and got the purse back. But as he was walking back to the Bad Boyz salon, that is when he realized that there was a shooting. We spoke with him exclusively.
"So I'm running around looking for them and then before I could get back I hear a bunch of sirens and then when I hit the corner I see people laying on the ground and they were shot and I found out my girl was shot. I mean, all of this over a broken window and a few meaningless possessions. I mean, it's pointless," he said.
Again, four people were shot. One person is in critical condition. The three others have non-life threatening shootings. A witness says the wounds appear to be in lower extremities including the back.
At this point, police believe all four shooting victims will survive.
No suspects are in custody.
oakland, OPD, shooting, crime, violence, east bay news
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted LA kids 41 min ago
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer 9 min ago
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos