East Bay News
One dead, two critically injured after crash in Hayward
HAYWARD, Calif. -- One person was killed and two others injured when a pickup truck crashed into a parked vehicle in Hayward early Sunday morning, a police sergeant said.
Police and fire units responded to reports of a collision involving a gray Nissan pickup on Industrial Boulevard and Hall Road at about 4:15 a.m., Hayward police Sgt. Chad Olthoff said.
The truck had been traveling at high speed when it crashed into the rear of a dump truck that was legally parked on the side of Industrial Boulevard, Olthoff said.
A 24-year-old man sitting in the right passenger seat was pronounced dead at the scene, Olthoff said. He was later identified as Orfil Sanchez, of Hayward.
The driver of the pickup and a passenger sitting in the middle of the front seat suffered life-threatening injuries, Olthoff said. Both victims were taken to Stanford Hospital.
There was no update on their conditions as of 11:30 a.m., he said.
None of the three victims were wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash, according to police.
A preliminary investigation indicated that alcohol was likely a factor.
Anyone who might have witnessed the crash was urged to contact Hayward police at (510) 293-7099.
hayward, crash, east bay news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos