East Bay News
Meeting to be held over future of fire services in CCC
Firefighters in Contra Costa County want the community's input about the future of the fire service.
Due to a budget shortfall, the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District has de-staffed seven engine companies since 2011.
A parcel tax to help fund the district failed last November.
Now, a study is being done to find the best way to fund and provide fire protection in the area.
The first of three town hall meetings will be held at the Pittsburg Public Library at 6:30 p.m. on Monday.
contra costa county, east bay news
- Freeze Warning remains in effect across Bay Area
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Multi-vehicle crash blocking lanes on Bay Bridge
- Speeding driver rear-ends San Jose police officer
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Parents sound off on baby seat with iPad-holder
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Hate crime task force; Suspect fatally shot
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos