East Bay News
Meeting to be held over future of fire services in CCC
Firefighters in Contra Costa County want the community's input about the future of the fire service.
Due to a budget shortfall, the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District has de-staffed seven engine companies since 2011.
A parcel tax to help fund the district failed last November.
Now, a study is being done to find the best way to fund and provide fire protection in the area.
The first of three town hall meetings will be held at the Pittsburg Public Library at 6:30 p.m. on Monday.
contra costa county, east bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman 38 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 13 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire