East Bay News
Union City police investigate first two homicides of 2013
UNION CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- Union City police are trying to find out more about their community's first two homicides of 2013.
Two men died after being shot at 11th and D streets just after 1 a.m. on Sunday.
Detectives haven't said what led to the shooting. Neighbors describe the area as being safe.
"It's somewhat surprising, you know?" Union City resident Dennis Delatorre said. "Not horrific. My understanding is Union City did not have a murder all of last year. It's not the report we get out of other, close by cities. "
No arrests have been made.
The Alameda County coroner has not released the names of the two men who died.
crime, shooting, union city, east bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman 43 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 18 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire