East Bay News
Union City police investigate first two homicides of 2013
UNION CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- Union City police are trying to find out more about their community's first two homicides of 2013.
Two men died after being shot at 11th and D streets just after 1 a.m. on Sunday.
Detectives haven't said what led to the shooting. Neighbors describe the area as being safe.
"It's somewhat surprising, you know?" Union City resident Dennis Delatorre said. "Not horrific. My understanding is Union City did not have a murder all of last year. It's not the report we get out of other, close by cities. "
No arrests have been made.
The Alameda County coroner has not released the names of the two men who died.
crime, shooting, union city, east bay news
- South African leader Nelson Mandela has died
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Cal signs $18M deal for naming rights at stadium
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- 5th day of searching for SJ CEO turns up empty
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Bay Area bundles up as frigid weather continues
- Marcus Books strikes deal with owners to stay
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: Radiant Orchid 2014 Color of the Year
- roundup: Sports Cap Bandit; SF hit-and-run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday