East Bay News
Union City police investigate first two homicides of 2013
UNION CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- Union City police are trying to find out more about their community's first two homicides of 2013.
Two men died after being shot at 11th and D streets just after 1 a.m. on Sunday.
Detectives haven't said what led to the shooting. Neighbors describe the area as being safe.
"It's somewhat surprising, you know?" Union City resident Dennis Delatorre said. "Not horrific. My understanding is Union City did not have a murder all of last year. It's not the report we get out of other, close by cities. "
No arrests have been made.
The Alameda County coroner has not released the names of the two men who died.
crime, shooting, union city, east bay news
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival 3 min ago
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF 42 min ago
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 39 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun 8 min ago
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher 4 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Mom bites dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway...
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos