East Bay News
Oakland firefighters contain 2-alarm house fire
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Firefighters contained a two-alarm blaze at a single-family home in East Oakland early this morning, according to a fire dispatcher.
The fire at 1248 50th Avenue, near International Boulevard, was reported at 2:58 a.m., according to fire officials.
The fire at the two-story house was upgraded from one-alarm to two-alarm before it was contained, fire officials said.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
oakland, fire, east bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos