East Bay News
Oakland firefighters contain 2-alarm house fire
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Firefighters contained a two-alarm blaze at a single-family home in East Oakland early this morning, according to a fire dispatcher.
The fire at 1248 50th Avenue, near International Boulevard, was reported at 2:58 a.m., according to fire officials.
The fire at the two-story house was upgraded from one-alarm to two-alarm before it was contained, fire officials said.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
oakland, fire, east bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 1 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 16 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover 13 min ago
- Consumer Reports puts toothbrushes to the test 15 min ago
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident 12 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir 32 min ago
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates...
32 min ago