East Bay News
Construction worker killed in truck accident at King Middle School
BERKELEY, Calif. -- A construction worker was killed on the job at Berkeley's Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School Tuesday afternoon, a Berkeley school district spokesman said.
The worker, part of a crew contracted by the Berkeley Unified School District, was rebuilding a running track at the middle school, located at 1781 Rose St.
He was struck and killed by a truck at about 12:30 p.m., school district spokesman Mark Coplan said.
The school opens Wednesday, he said.
berkeley, east bay news
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont 22 min ago
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Good Samaritan alerts family to burning home 8 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body