East Bay News
Construction worker killed in truck accident at King Middle School
BERKELEY, Calif. -- A construction worker was killed on the job at Berkeley's Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School Tuesday afternoon, a Berkeley school district spokesman said.
The worker, part of a crew contracted by the Berkeley Unified School District, was rebuilding a running track at the middle school, located at 1781 Rose St.
He was struck and killed by a truck at about 12:30 p.m., school district spokesman Mark Coplan said.
The school opens Wednesday, he said.
berkeley, east bay news
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion 12 min ago
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- SF policeinvestigating shooting in the Outer Mission 17 min ago
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos