East Bay News
Two found dead inside Pinole home, suspect arrested
PINOLE, Calif. -- Two people were found dead at a home in Pinole early Friday morning and a man at the scene was arrested on suspicion of murder.
Police said officers were dispatched around 2:30 a.m. on reports of a problem at a home in the 1100 block of Tara Hills Drive.
Officers arriving on the scene spoke to a resident at the home who said there might be injured people inside, police said.
Police searched the home and found two people who were dead and appeared to have been killed.
Officers arrested a 25-year-old Pinole man at the scene.
Police have not released the names of the suspect or victims or disclosed any other details about the double homicide.
An investigation into the killings is ongoing. However, police said in a statement that "all indications are that this is an isolated incident."
Anyone with information about this case is urged to call Pinole police at (510) 724-8950.
crime, pinole, contra costa county, east bay news
- Nelson Mandela has died at age 95 1 min ago
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records
- Officer-involved shooting shuts down I-5
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro apartment fire
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- FBI seeks 'Sports Cap Bandit' bank robbery suspect
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Batkid back in SF; Fremont burglar
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday