East Bay News
Sheriff's office investigates fatal shooting in Rodeo
RODEO, Calif. -- A 36-year-old man was fatally shot in the unincorporated Contra Costa County town of Rodeo over the weekend, a spokesman said today.
On Friday at about 11:05 p.m., deputies responded to a reported shooting in the 200 block of California Street, sheriff's spokesman Jimmy Lee said.
Rodeo resident Chad Hornsby had been shot at least once and was found lying in the street, according to the sheriff's office.
Deputies and fire department paramedics tried to resuscitate Hornsby, but he succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
No suspect information was available.
Anyone with information about the homicide is asked to contact the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office at (925) 313-2600.
shooting, rodeo, crime, east bay news
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos