East Bay News
Sheriff's office investigates fatal shooting in Rodeo
RODEO, Calif. -- A 36-year-old man was fatally shot in the unincorporated Contra Costa County town of Rodeo over the weekend, a spokesman said today.
On Friday at about 11:05 p.m., deputies responded to a reported shooting in the 200 block of California Street, sheriff's spokesman Jimmy Lee said.
Rodeo resident Chad Hornsby had been shot at least once and was found lying in the street, according to the sheriff's office.
Deputies and fire department paramedics tried to resuscitate Hornsby, but he succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
No suspect information was available.
Anyone with information about the homicide is asked to contact the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office at (925) 313-2600.
shooting, rodeo, crime, east bay news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday