East Bay News
Man fatally shot near Richmond BART station
RICHMOND, Calif. -- A man was shot and killed near the Richmond BART station on Monday night, a police sergeant said.
A BART police officer notified Richmond police at about 10:10 p.m. that he had heard a shot and that someone told him a man had been hit by gunfire, Richmond police Sgt. Nicole Abetkov said.
Richmond officers responded and found a man down near 19th Street and Nevin Avenue, just east of the BART station, with a gunshot wound to his torso, Abetkov said.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Abetkov said the shooter might have fled on a bicycle.
BART surveillance footage is being reviewed to see if the shooting was captured on video, she said.
The victim's name is being held until family members have been notified, Abetkov said.
crime, shooting, richmond, east bay news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket 31 min ago
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Bay Bridge bolt fix running a month behind schedule 24 min ago
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water 5 min ago
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue 59 min ago
- Woman distracted by FB on phone falls off pier 47 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos