East Bay News
Barricaded robbery suspect in Oakland arrested
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- An armed robbery suspect has just been arrested, after barricading himself inside a corner market in Oakland's Glenview neighborhood.
Police say the armed robbery involved multiple victims and multiple suspects, but did not specify where it took place.
Police believed at least one suspect was barricaded inside the 7 Seas Food and Liquor on the 1600 block of MacArthur Boulevard. Officials originally said the suspect was inside BonFare Market, but later updated the location.
The SWAT team still has the building surrounded. They've sent dogs in, just to make sure no one else is inside.
Police have also blocked off part of Ardley and Woodruff avenues.
oakland, crime, OPD, east bay news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery 52 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing 1 min ago
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Warriors give Oakland High School students 3D printer 6 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire 53 min ago