East Bay News
Mt. Diablo wildfire smoke may impact air quality
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- The Bay Area Air Quality Management District has issued a smoke advisory to Bay Area residents Monday afternoon due to smoke from wildfires burning on Mt. Diablo.
Smoke from the fire has been observed moving southward along the Diablo Range and may impact parts of Contra Costa, Alameda and Santa Clara counties.
Bay Area residents in these regions have been advised to:
- Reduce exposure to smoky air by remaining indoors with windows and doors closed
- Set air conditioning units and car vent systems to re-circulate
- If air smells of smoke, limit outdoor activities to avoid unnecessary exposure
- If you have asthma or other lung disease, make sure you follow your doctor's directions about taking your medicines and following your asthma management plan. Call your doctor if your symptoms worsen.
- If you have heart or lung disease, if you are an older adult, or if you have children, talk with your doctor about whether and when you should leave the area.
Elderly persons, children and individuals with respiratory illnesses are particularly susceptible to elevated air pollution levels and should take extra precautions to avoid exposure.
The Air District will continue to monitor smoke impacts and issue additional advisories as conditions warrant. For now, a Spare the Air advisory is not in effect and no burn ban is in place.(Copyright ©2014 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.)
mount diablo, fire, cal fire, clayton, evacuation, animal, animals in peril, east bay news
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- Strong winds destroy boats at Oyster Point
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- Best methods for brewing coffee at home
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos