East Bay News
Berkeley police ID 22-year-old fatal shooting victim
BERKELEY, Calif. -- Police have identified a man who was fatally shot in Berkeley on Sunday evening as 22-year-old Anthony Medearis.
Officers responded to the scene of the shooting in the 1400 block of Eighth Street on Sunday at about 5:45 p.m.
Upon arrival at the scene, police located Medearis, a Berkeley resident, suffering from gunshot wounds.
Medearis was transported to a local hospital, where he was pronounced deceased, police said.
While police were responding to the scene, they received information regarding a possible suspect near Eighth and Page streets, police said.
Police canvassed the area for evidence but did not detain any suspects.
The homicide remains under investigation. Anyone with information regarding the homicide is urged to contact Berkeley police at (510) 981-5741 or may do so anonymously at (800) 222-8477.
berkeley, crime, shooting, east bay news
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems 22 min ago
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Police arrest woman in connection with shooting 42 min ago
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos