East Bay News
Man killed in SB Interstate 880 crash Sunday morning identified
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A man killed in a crash on Interstate Highway 880 in Oakland Sunday morning has been identified by the Alameda County coroner's bureau as 35-year-old Jose Alfredo Curiel.
Curiel, of San Lorenzo, was driving on southbound Highway 880 near 98th Avenue when he crashed at about 1:35 a.m., according to the California Highway Patrol.
CHP Officer Peter Van Eckert said that multiple crashes were reported around that time.
Curiel was the only fatality in the crashes.
Southbound Highway 880 was closed until about 3:25 a.m. as the CHP investigated and cleared the crash.
Drivers were rerouted to 98th Avenue and along city streets before re-entering Highway 880 at Davis Street in San Leandro to get around the crash scene during the closure.
oakland, I-880, crash, east bay news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos