East Bay News
Man killed in SB Interstate 880 crash Sunday morning identified
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A man killed in a crash on Interstate Highway 880 in Oakland Sunday morning has been identified by the Alameda County coroner's bureau as 35-year-old Jose Alfredo Curiel.
Curiel, of San Lorenzo, was driving on southbound Highway 880 near 98th Avenue when he crashed at about 1:35 a.m., according to the California Highway Patrol.
CHP Officer Peter Van Eckert said that multiple crashes were reported around that time.
Curiel was the only fatality in the crashes.
Southbound Highway 880 was closed until about 3:25 a.m. as the CHP investigated and cleared the crash.
Drivers were rerouted to 98th Avenue and along city streets before re-entering Highway 880 at Davis Street in San Leandro to get around the crash scene during the closure.
oakland, I-880, crash, east bay news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing 18 min ago
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Warriors give Oakland High School students 3D printer 16 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
18 min ago