East Bay News
Man killed in SB Interstate 880 crash Sunday morning identified
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A man killed in a crash on Interstate Highway 880 in Oakland Sunday morning has been identified by the Alameda County coroner's bureau as 35-year-old Jose Alfredo Curiel.
Curiel, of San Lorenzo, was driving on southbound Highway 880 near 98th Avenue when he crashed at about 1:35 a.m., according to the California Highway Patrol.
CHP Officer Peter Van Eckert said that multiple crashes were reported around that time.
Curiel was the only fatality in the crashes.
Southbound Highway 880 was closed until about 3:25 a.m. as the CHP investigated and cleared the crash.
Drivers were rerouted to 98th Avenue and along city streets before re-entering Highway 880 at Davis Street in San Leandro to get around the crash scene during the closure.
oakland, I-880, crash, east bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday