East Bay News
3-alarm fire put out at multiple Oakland homes
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Firefighters have put out a three-alarm blaze at three West Oakland homes this morning.
The fire, located at homes in the 900 block of 24th Street near Market Street, was reported at 3:29 a.m., according to fire officials.
All 12 residents in the buildings have been accounted for and are receiving help from the Red Cross.
Firefighters say the blaze may have started from electrical problems in the laundry room.
oakland, fire, east bay news
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement 13 min ago
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Driver in fatal Twin Peaks DUI hit-and-run sentenced 58 min ago
- Target shopper files suit over security breach 7 min ago
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set 6 min ago
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos