East Bay News
Officer and suspect injured after chase in Hayward
HAYWARD, Calif. (KGO) -- A chaotic police pursuit left an officer and the suspect injured in Hayward. One officer was taken to the hospital and two patrol cars were damaged.
The chase started around 1 a.m. when Hayward police were trying to pull over a car that had been reported stolen, but the driver took off. He hit two patrol cars during his attempted escape. Police pursued the suspect on Mission Boulevard, then the car crashed on a dead end neighborhood street.
The driver and his passengers jumped from the car and ran off. They tried to run away from the officers, but the officers caught them. An officer sustained a minor injury in the attempt to apprehend a person who fled from the car.
One suspect was taken to the hospital with minor injuries. The driver and the passenger were both arrested.
hayward, police chase, east bay news, amy hollyfield
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature 51 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday 43 min ago
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos