East Bay News
Connector ramp from I- 880 to I-80 cleared after crash
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A northbound Interstate Highway 880 connector to eastbound Interstate Highway 80 in Oakland is now clear after an injury crash in the area partially closed the ramp, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Around 6:07 a.m., a street sweeper vehicle reportedly spun out and struck a railing on the ramp from northbound Highway 880 to eastbound Highway 80 in Oakland, according to the CHP.
The scene of the crash blocked one lane on the ramp and prompted a Sig-alert around 7:05 a.m.
The roadway was cleared a short time after 9 a.m., the CHP is reporting.
Information about injuries suffered in the crash was not immediately available.
crash, I-80, I-880, east bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 20 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill 2 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery...
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos