East Bay News
Connector ramp from I- 880 to I-80 cleared after crash
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A northbound Interstate Highway 880 connector to eastbound Interstate Highway 80 in Oakland is now clear after an injury crash in the area partially closed the ramp, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Around 6:07 a.m., a street sweeper vehicle reportedly spun out and struck a railing on the ramp from northbound Highway 880 to eastbound Highway 80 in Oakland, according to the CHP.
The scene of the crash blocked one lane on the ramp and prompted a Sig-alert around 7:05 a.m.
The roadway was cleared a short time after 9 a.m., the CHP is reporting.
Information about injuries suffered in the crash was not immediately available.
crash, I-80, I-880, east bay news
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Oakland A's reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan