East Bay News
Two detained after fatal crash in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Two juveniles are in custody after a vehicle collision in which a man was killed in East Oakland late Monday night.
At about 10:02 p.m., police received reports of gunshots heard near the intersection of 82nd Avenue and Rudsdale Street.
Police then located a vehicle collision at the intersection of Bancroft Avenue and Church Street at about 10:20 p.m.
The suspect SUV had struck the victim's vehicle, causing it to roll over. The victim was declared deceased at the scene, according to police.
The two juvenile male occupants of the suspect vehicle were detained, police said.
Police are continuing to investigate whether the shooting was related to the fatal collision.
The identity of the victim has not yet been released, according to police.
oakland, shooting, east bay news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday