East Bay News
Two detained after fatal crash in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Two juveniles are in custody after a vehicle collision in which a man was killed in East Oakland late Monday night.
At about 10:02 p.m., police received reports of gunshots heard near the intersection of 82nd Avenue and Rudsdale Street.
Police then located a vehicle collision at the intersection of Bancroft Avenue and Church Street at about 10:20 p.m.
The suspect SUV had struck the victim's vehicle, causing it to roll over. The victim was declared deceased at the scene, according to police.
The two juvenile male occupants of the suspect vehicle were detained, police said.
Police are continuing to investigate whether the shooting was related to the fatal collision.
The identity of the victim has not yet been released, according to police.
oakland, shooting, east bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos