East Bay News
Power restored to thousands in Castro Valley
CASTRO VALLEY, Calif. (KGO) -- PG&E crews have restored power to several thousand customers in Castro Valley.
Eden Medical Center was temporarily running on back-up power during the outage and service was not disrupted.
PG&E is blaming this outage on some downed power lines that happened just before 12:45 a.m. High winds may be to blame for the fallen lines. A little more than 3,000 customers were without power.
Eden Medical Center is the regional trauma center for southern Alameda County and has 130 beds.
castro valley, PG&E, east bay news, matt keller
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF 22 min ago
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro 9 min ago
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration...
22 min ago