East Bay News
Man claims to be first to 'pedal bike' across bay
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- A man is claiming he's the first person to pedal a bicycle across San Francisco Bay -- and he did it without a bridge.
Judah Schiller founded the Bay Bicycle Project. His organization points out that it will be 2015 before the bike lane between Oakland and Yerba Buena Island is completed.
So, he created his own "bike lane" by pedaling a bike that's mounted on top of pontoons from Oakland to San Francisco.
san francisco bay, oakland, bikes, east bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin 32 min ago
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal 25 min ago
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos