East Bay News
One dead, another injured in Antioch shooting
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- Police in Antioch are investigating a shooting Saturday night that left one dead and another injured.
Officers responded to a report of a shooting in a home in the 2200 block of Branyan Way at about 10 p.m., police said.
When officers arrived at the scene, they found two men suffering from gunshot wounds. Both victims - a 24-year-old Oakley resident and 20-year-old Suisun resident - were transported to a hospital, according to police.
The 24-year-old, whose name has not yet been released, was later pronounced dead. The condition of the 20-year-old was unknown, police said.
No arrests were made in the shooting. No further details were immediately available.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Antioch police at (925) 779-6894.
crime, shooting, violence, antioch, east bay news
- Campbell police seek witnesses in fatal stabbing
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY
- DUI checkpoints dot the Bay Area on St. Paddy's Day 55 min ago
- 2 hospitalized after stabbing in San Francisco 28 min ago
- Police search for clues in fatal Concord hit-and-run
- Putin declares Crimea 'sovereign and independent'
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- New book reveals Steve Jobs nixed Apple TV idea 56 min ago
- GitHub employee quits; Alleges sexism in workplace
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- DUI checkpoints dot the Bay Area on St....
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos