East Bay News
Pedestrian injured in hit-and-run near Lake Merritt, driver arrested
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A pedestrian suffered life-threatening injuries and a driver was arrested in a hit-and-run collision near Lake Merritt in Oakland early this morning, a police officer said.
Around 12:50 a.m., a driver struck the pedestrian in the 100 block of 14th Street next to Lake Merritt, Officer J. Kroushour said.
The driver fled the scene but was later located and arrested, he said.
Kroushour said the pedestrian was taken to a hospital with injuries that are considered to be life-threatening.
pedestrian struck, oakland, hit and run, OPD, east bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars 1 min ago
- Free health clinics to take place in the Bay Area
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos