East Bay News
Pedestrian injured in hit-and-run near Lake Merritt, driver arrested
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A pedestrian suffered life-threatening injuries and a driver was arrested in a hit-and-run collision near Lake Merritt in Oakland early this morning, a police officer said.
Around 12:50 a.m., a driver struck the pedestrian in the 100 block of 14th Street next to Lake Merritt, Officer J. Kroushour said.
The driver fled the scene but was later located and arrested, he said.
Kroushour said the pedestrian was taken to a hospital with injuries that are considered to be life-threatening.
pedestrian struck, oakland, hit and run, OPD, east bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday