East Bay News
Propane tanker overturns in Richmond
RICHMOND, Calif. -- A hotel in Richmond has been partially evacuated this morning after a double tanker gas trailer overturned.
The trailer overturned at the Carlson Boulevard on-ramp to eastbound Interstate Highway 80 at about 3 a.m., according to the California Highway Patrol.
Gas leaked from the vehicle, but was contained to the roadway, CHP Officer James Evans said.
The on-and off-ramps of eastbound Highway 80 have been closed as crews work to clear the trailer and gas from the roadway, Evans said.
It is unknown when they will reopen, he said.
A nearby hotel was evacuated as a precaution, a Richmond fire dispatcher said.
richmond, evacuation, east bay news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday