East Bay News
Suspect arrested for punching Safeway manager
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. (KGO) -- San Leandro police announced Tuesday that they have a arrested a man suspected of punching a store manager at the Safeway on Bancroft Avenue on Sept. 23.
Charlie Johnson, 39, was arrested by Oakland police on Oct. 4.
"This was a collaborative effort between media, citizens and neighboring police agencies," San Leandro Police Lt. Randall Brandt said.
San Leandro police released video of the alleged assault that shows a man punching the 51-year-old Safeway store manager after a brief exchange.
The manager sustained serious injuries that required he be transported to the hospital.
safeway, san leandro, crime, east bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos