East Bay News
Person shot in leg while on AC Transit bus
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A male victim may have shot himself in the leg while aboard an AC Transit bus near the Oakland hills this afternoon, an AC Transit spokesman said.
The shooting on the bus near Fontaine Street and Crest Avenue was reported around 1:30 p.m., Oakland police said.
AC Transit spokesman Clarence Johnson said a male victim was shot while near the back of the bus on the 46 line.
The victim was taken to Highland Hospital with a gunshot wound to his leg.
Johnson said the injury may be have been self-inflicted.
After the gun went off, the bus driver pulled over the bus and the victim was transported.
The roughly dozen other passengers on board were picked up by another bus, Johnson said.
No other injuries were reported and the coach was not damaged in the shooting, he said.
ac transit, oakland, shooting, crime, east bay news
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist 13 min ago
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos