East Bay News
Prosecutor: Missing gold grill spurred fatal Antioch shooting
MARTINEZ, Calif. -- A San Francisco man accused of fatally shooting another man and nearly killing the victim's brother in Antioch last month pleaded not guilty to murder and attempted murder charges in Contra Costa County Superior Court Thursday.
Armoun Page, 19, entered the not-guilty pleas in a Martinez courtroom Thursday morning for the Sept. 28 double shooting that left 24-year-old Khalid Bragg, of Brentwood, dead and his 20-year-old brother badly injured, Deputy District Attorney Jill Henderson said.
On the night of the shooting, Page and the victims were all at a home in the 2200 block of Banyan Way in Antioch, according to Henderson, who said she doesn't know how Page knew Bragg and his brother.
Around 10 p.m., she said, the defendant became angry after he thought his gold dental grill had gone missing.
Henderson said Page kicked open the door of a bedroom, where he found Bragg, who was holding a 2-year-old girl, and Bragg's younger brother.
She said the defendant allegedly began shooting at Bragg, who shoved the girl to safety and then leapt on top of his brother to shield him from the gunfire.
The brothers were taken to a hospital, where Bragg was pronounced dead and his brother was treated for gunshot wounds. Henderson said the brother remains in the hospital with serious injuries.
Police arrested Page in San Francisco two days after the shooting and brought him to county jail in Martinez, where he is being held on $2 million bail.
He is scheduled to return to court for a preliminary hearing on Oct. 21.
antioch, brentwood, shooting, crime, violence, children, east bay news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos