East Bay News
Man shot in apparent road rage shooting in Fremont
FREMONT, Calif. (KGO) -- Road rage may be to blame for an early morning shooting in Fremont. Police found the victim in front of a donut shop on a very busy road between two major freeways.
Right now, Mission Boulevard at Brown Road is off limits to drivers while the shooting investigation is underway.
The victim's car is still here. Officers are still trying to piece together what led up to a man being shot in his car.
The morning commute on southbound Interstate 680 took a violent turn at about 5:15 a.m. Thursday. Police say it appears two drivers got into some type of road rage incident.
Both pulled off on Mission Blvd., a busy road connecting interstates 680 and 880.
A confrontation took place at Brown Rd., where one man pulled out a gun and shot several times at the man driving a Mercedes, hitting him at least once.
The victim drove about a block and stopped in front of a donut shop.
"The customer come in and he say to call the police, heard somebody got shot outside," said Sam Yaim with Donut House.
Police say the victim is 59-years-old and lives in Pleasanton.
He was taken to a local trauma center with serious injuries, but is expected to survive.
In his car was a German shepherd. The man's dog was not hit by any gunfire, and was taken to an animal shelter until he can be reunited with his owner.
"Older dog, appears to be very sweet," Fremont police spokesperson Geneva Bosques said. "Our officers have made some connections with that dog this morning and they were all kind of sad to see it leave."
Police say they are looking for any witnesses. Right now, they don't have any solid descriptions of the suspect or his vehicle. .
fremont, crime, shooting, pleasanton, road rage, animal, animals in peril, east bay news, matt keller
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to aviation
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Private school in Oakland on lockdown after assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients 14 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- Bay Area Rosie the Riveters to meet Joe Biden in DC 35 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties 56 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 57 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
24 min ago