East Bay News
Police training to draw Occupy Oakland protests Friday
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Police are bracing for protests in downtown Oakland on Friday. It's the second anniversary of the eviction of Occupy protesters.
By coincidence, thousands of police will be downtown for a three-day training exercise.
Urban Shield is designed to train officers for terror attacks and disasters.
Our media partner, the Oakland Tribune reports: Protests are planned at the Marriott City Center Hotel where vendors will be showing off the latest police weapons.
Occupy Oakland also plans an evening rally at City Hall.
oakland, protest, OPD, occupy oakland, east bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos