East Bay News
Pedestrian injured after trying to cross Highway 580 in Dublin
DUBLIN, Calif. -- One lane of Interstate 580 in Dublin is blocked after a truck hit a pedestrian who was reportedly attempting to cross the freeway, the CHP is reporting.
The collision involving the truck and pedestrian was reported around 1:10 p.m. on eastbound Highway 580 in Dublin near the Hopyard Road exit, according to the CHP.
The pedestrian reportedly ran from the center divider across the roadway and an oncoming pickup truck swerved but was unable to avoid hitting the person, according to the CHP.
The CHP is reporting that the pedestrian appears to have suffered serious injuries in the collision, which is blocking one lane.
pedestrian struck, dublin, I-580, east bay news
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance 14 min ago
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking sting
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office 48 min ago
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups 12 min ago
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing 54 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos