East Bay News
Pedestrian injured after trying to cross Highway 580 in Dublin
DUBLIN, Calif. -- One lane of Interstate 580 in Dublin is blocked after a truck hit a pedestrian who was reportedly attempting to cross the freeway, the CHP is reporting.
The collision involving the truck and pedestrian was reported around 1:10 p.m. on eastbound Highway 580 in Dublin near the Hopyard Road exit, according to the CHP.
The pedestrian reportedly ran from the center divider across the roadway and an oncoming pickup truck swerved but was unable to avoid hitting the person, according to the CHP.
The CHP is reporting that the pedestrian appears to have suffered serious injuries in the collision, which is blocking one lane.
pedestrian struck, dublin, I-580, east bay news
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Elevator company cited in death at Levi's Stadium
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Bank robbery suspect shot near mall in San Rafael
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Gays seek inclusion at SoCal Vietnamese parade 46 min ago
- Spotify launches free mobile streaming service 33 min ago
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child 8 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday