East Bay News
One dead, several injured in Vallejo drive-by shooting
VALLEJO, Calif. (KGO) -- Vallejo police are searching for a gunman who shot into a group of young adults changing a tire, killing one man and wounding as many as seven others.
Police responded to reports of multiple people shot Sunday night around 11 at Princeton Dr. near Dartmouth Ave.
Investigators say four carloads of young adults from South San Francisco were heading to Vallejo for a party.
When one car hit a curb and got a flat tire near the 200 block of Princeton Ave., the whole group pulled to the curb.
A neighbor warned the people they were in a bad area, and then heard shooting.
"There were about 25 gunshots or maybe 20, but it was a lot," witness Victor Maonjaraz said. "You couldn't even count them, how fast they were and how many there were. "Yeah, and that's pretty sad."
A 19-year-old man died at the scene.
Police say there appeared to be only one gunman inside the vehicle -- a white SUV with tinted windows.
Anyone with information about the crime is asked to contact Vallejo police at (800) 488-9383.
Anonymous callers can call Solano Crime Stoppers tip line at (707) 644-1867.
(Bay City News contributed to this report)
shooting, violence, vallejo, drive by shooting, south san francisco, east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday