East Bay News
Body found along Berkeley shoreline ID'd as missing man
BERKELEY, Calif. -- Police have identified a man whose body was found along the shoreline adjacent to Interstate Highway 80 in Berkeley Wednesday as a man reported missing a week before.
Jerald Jacob, 69, of Berkeley was reported missing on Oct. 23 and remained missing until his body was found washed up on the shore along West Frontage Road south of University Avenue at 3:16 p.m. Wednesday, Berkeley police spokeswoman Officer Jennifer Coats said.
How Jacob died has not been determined. Berkeley police is conducting an investigation in conjunction with East Bay Regional Parks police, Coats said.
Anyone with any information about the incident has been asked to call the Berkeley police Homicide Detail at (510) 981-5741, or the non-emergency number at (510) 981-5900. Anonymous tips can be left at the Bay Area Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
berkeley, missing person, east bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control 35 min ago
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges 50 min ago
- Pope Francis visits Rome children's hospital
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday