East Bay News
Man in critical condition after shooting near Oakland bar
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- For the second Saturday in a row, a man has been shot near the same bar in Oakland.
Police say the 31-year-old victim was involved in a shoving match that started inside Egbert Souse's on Piedmont Ave. that spilled into the street and turned into a fight involving several people.
Shortly after midnight, a gunman chased the victim across the street where he was shot in front of a Kaiser Hospital building.
The victim was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
Last Saturday, a man was shot and wounded as he was leaving the same bar.
No arrests have been made.
(Bay City News contributed to this report)
piedmont, crime, shooting, violence, east bay news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway 16 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos