East Bay News
One arrested after hit-and-run involving Oakland police car
OAKLAND, Calif. -- One person was arrested and two others remained at large after a vehicle hit a patrol car and fled the scene in Oakland early Saturday morning, according to police.
Around 4:30 a.m., a car that had committed a traffic violation crashed into a police patrol car near the intersection of Foothill Boulevard and High Street, Officer J. Moore said.
Police said officers were able to detain and arrest one of the suspects, but two more were not located.
Both the officer inside the patrol car at the time of the crash and the suspect arrested were taken to hospitals as a precaution, according to Moore.
oakland, OPD, hit and run, crash, crime, east bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday