East Bay News
One arrested after hit-and-run involving Oakland police car
OAKLAND, Calif. -- One person was arrested and two others remained at large after a vehicle hit a patrol car and fled the scene in Oakland early Saturday morning, according to police.
Around 4:30 a.m., a car that had committed a traffic violation crashed into a police patrol car near the intersection of Foothill Boulevard and High Street, Officer J. Moore said.
Police said officers were able to detain and arrest one of the suspects, but two more were not located.
Both the officer inside the patrol car at the time of the crash and the suspect arrested were taken to hospitals as a precaution, according to Moore.
oakland, OPD, hit and run, crash, crime, east bay news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk 28 min ago
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash 52 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors put to the test
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday