East Bay News
Baby baboon making Oakland Zoo debut
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- There's a cute new arrival at the Oakland Zoo. Kodee is a baby Hamadryas baboon.
She was born on Oct. 24 at the zoo. Kodee spent the last three weeks acclimating to her exhibit and now she's going on display to the public.
Kodee can most often be seen clinging to her mom's belly and being carried around the exhibit. Like human newborns, she'll spend the next couple of months nursing and sleeping.
animal, oakland zoo, oakland, east bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case