East Bay News
Woman stabbed in Milpitas Embassy Suites Hotel room
MILPITAS, Calif. -- A woman was stabbed in a Milpitas hotel room this evening, police said.
Police responded to the Embassy Suites Hotel at 901 E. Calaveras Blvd. at 5:25 p.m. and found a 30-year-old woman with multiple stab wounds on the third floor, police Sgt. Bryan Hinkley said.
The officers determined that the woman had come from the ninth floor, and found evidence that she had been stabbed in the room she rented there.
Hinkley said she was the sole registrant of the room but that it appears the woman knows her assailant.
She was taken to a hospital with serious injuries but is expected to survive. However, she remains in critical condition and has been unable to give police a statement, Hinkley said.
Police are still trying to determine the suspect and motive in the case.
milpitas, east bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire 12 min ago
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney 31 min ago
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos