East Bay News
Woman stabbed in Milpitas Embassy Suites Hotel room
MILPITAS, Calif. -- A woman was stabbed in a Milpitas hotel room this evening, police said.
Police responded to the Embassy Suites Hotel at 901 E. Calaveras Blvd. at 5:25 p.m. and found a 30-year-old woman with multiple stab wounds on the third floor, police Sgt. Bryan Hinkley said.
The officers determined that the woman had come from the ninth floor, and found evidence that she had been stabbed in the room she rented there.
Hinkley said she was the sole registrant of the room but that it appears the woman knows her assailant.
She was taken to a hospital with serious injuries but is expected to survive. However, she remains in critical condition and has been unable to give police a statement, Hinkley said.
Police are still trying to determine the suspect and motive in the case.
milpitas, east bay news
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Jose police standoff ends with armed man 27 min ago
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide