East Bay News
All lanes on NB I-680 reopen following fatal crash near Fremont
SUNOL, Calif. -- All lanes of northbound Interstate Highway 680 near Fremont in Alameda County have reopened following a fatal crash Saturday morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
A three-vehicle fatal collision blocked three lanes of northbound I-680 between Vargas and Sheridan roads shortly after 1 a.m., according to the CHP.
A Sigalert was issued at 1:33 a.m. and canceled at 3:33 a.m., the CHP said.
One person was declared deceased at the scene and the cause of the collision remains under investigation this morning, according to the CHP.
crash, fremont, I-680, east bay news
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future 52 min ago
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events 49 min ago
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Deadline looms to complete Covered CA applications
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Sonoma County crash; Sunday parking in SF
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos