East Bay News
All lanes on NB I-680 reopen following fatal crash near Fremont
SUNOL, Calif. -- All lanes of northbound Interstate Highway 680 near Fremont in Alameda County have reopened following a fatal crash Saturday morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
A three-vehicle fatal collision blocked three lanes of northbound I-680 between Vargas and Sheridan roads shortly after 1 a.m., according to the CHP.
A Sigalert was issued at 1:33 a.m. and canceled at 3:33 a.m., the CHP said.
One person was declared deceased at the scene and the cause of the collision remains under investigation this morning, according to the CHP.
crash, fremont, I-680, east bay news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos