East Bay News
Generosity pours in for Walnut Creek teacher who lost wife
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. (KGO) -- Friends and strangers have teamed up to raise $25,000 for a Walnut Creek teacher known for his generosity.
Jeff Loving lost his wife to cancer earlier this month. The two had four children, all of them were adopted from Ethiopia.
Two of his former students from Walnut Creek Intermediate School wanted to help out. They set up a GoFundMe page.
It's been online five days now and just passed $25,000 on Monday night.
walnut creek, children, fundraiser, cancer, east bay news
- Child thrown from apartment fire in Hayward 2 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 6 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos