East Bay News
Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
LIVERMORE, Calif. (KGO) -- A Livermore golf pro has been arrested after police say he sexually abused the boys he was teaching over a three-year period.
Andrew Nisbet is well-known in the world of golf. He was fired from the Las Positas the day of his arrest, one day before he was supposed to receive the PGA's 2013 Junior Golf Leader award.
Livermore police say they arrested Nisbet last Saturday, after the boys between the ages of 12 and 17 came forward.
"I really feel like I've got good radar on that stuff, that just blows me away," golfer Jim Klotovich said. "I mean I'm sick. I'm sick to hear about that."
Police charged Nisbet with 65 counts of molestation. They say the golf pro coerced the boys with the allure of stardom and expensive golf equipment. The incidents happened during parties at his home where he was the only adult present and also during out of town golf tournaments.
Similar charges are also pending in a third case involving a boy.
Nisbet founded a junior academy with 200 kids, and led the Tri-Valley Golf League with 185 kids, so investigators believe there are more victims who simply have not come forward.
The extent of this case could reach across the country because Nisbet coached kids in Michigan, North Carolina, Mississippi and Alabama.
sex crimes, children, livermore, east bay news, alan wang
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
58 min ago