East Bay News
Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
RICHMOND, Calif. -- Police are looking for two young sisters who ran away from their Richmond home Tuesday afternoon, a police sergeant said.
The two girls took off from their home in the 300 block of Maine Avenue at about 4:40 p.m. when 13-year-old Xiomara Zelaya ran away and took her 9-year-old sister, Heidi Moreno, with her, police Sgt. Nicole Abetkov said.
Xiomara is described as Hispanic, 4 feet 11 inches tall, weighing 80 pounds with brown eyes and long black hair to her waist. She was wearing black yoga pants and a pink top with gold when she left, Abetkov said.
Heidi is described as Hispanic, 4 feet 9 inches tall, weighing 60 pounds with brown eyes and black shoulder-length hair. She was wearing pink pants, a pink shirt and a beige hooded jacket.
The girls are considered potentially at risk because of cold temperatures tonight. "We're obviously a little concerned because of the weather outside," Abetkov said.
richmond, children, missing person, east bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep 38 min ago
- Korean Air A380 hits 2 light poles at LA airport
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 40 min ago
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
40 min ago