East Bay News
Two hospitalized after shooting on I-580 in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Oakland police are looking for a motive and suspects in a shooting on an East Bay freeway.
Police say a red Cadillac Escalade with four people inside was coming from an Oakland club around 2:45 a.m. Sunday. It was heading along westbound Interstate 580 near MacArthur Boulevard.
"When he came in contact with an unknown sedan that pulled up alongside the left side of the vehicle," Officer Chad Rishel said. "And witnesses described it as the passenger of the sedan leaned out of the right side and began shooting back at the Escalade."
One victim suffered cuts from flying glass.
Another person suffered minor injuries.
shooting, oakland, I-580, violence, crime, east bay news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash 19 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors put to the test
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday