East Bay News
Alameda Co. Fire battalion chief involved in crash
FREMONT, Calif. (KGO) -- In Fremont, a fire battalion chief responding to an emergency was involved in a crash that closed down a major intersection for six hours Thursday evening.
The chief was in an Alameda County Fire Department SUV, with lights and sirens on, when it collided with a Toyota Corolla at the intersection of Decoto Road and Paseo Padre Parkway.
Both drivers went to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries and were later released.
The Fremont Police Department would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the crash. You can call the Traffic Unit at 510-790-6760.
At 11 p.m. the Fremont Police Department reopened the intersection of Paseo Padre Parkway and Decoto Road.
alameda county, fremont, crash, east bay news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse 5 min ago
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco 7 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks 19 min ago
- One dead after house fire in Oakland
- Man arrested for DUI after injury crash in Russian Hill 58 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case 58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos