East Bay News
Newark police arrest six for Christmas Eve burglaries
NEWARK, Calif. -- Police in Newark have made arrests and recovered stolen items from at least one home that was burglarized on Christmas Eve.
Officers executed search warrants on three homes in Newark directly related to burglaries that occurred on Tuesday, police said today.
During the search warrants, four adults and two juveniles were arrested. Stolen property from at least one home that had been burglarized was recovered and positively identified, police said.
Police are following up on other property found during the search warrant.
Two loaded firearms and narcotics were also found during the incident, police said.
newark, crime, east bay news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF 2 min ago
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect 3 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos