East Bay News
Man injured in shooting near Fruitvale BART
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A man was injured in a shooting in Oakland's Fruitvale District early Saturday morning, a police officer said.
The shooting was reported at 3:25 a.m. at the intersection of International Boulevard and 36th Avenue, about a block from the Fruitvale BART station, according to Oakland police Officer J. Moore.
The man, who suffered at least one gunshot wound, was taken to a hospital in stable condition.
No other injuries were reported.
Moore said there was no available suspect information in connection with the shooting Saturday morning.
shooting, crime, violence, oakland, east bay news
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was deliberate
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future 53 min ago
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- 2-alarm fire damages historic restaurant in Larkspur 6 min ago
- Police arrest woman in connection with shooting
- Crews control one-alarm house fire in Antioch
- Los Angeles subway dig finds prehistoric artifacts 5 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 19 min ago
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos