East Bay News
Second person in Bay Area dies of flu
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A second person has died of the flu in the Bay Area.
Contra Costa County health officials confirm a 48-year-old woman died of the H-1, N-1 strain.
This comes after the flu killed a 41-year-old woman in Santa Clara County last week. Three people have also died in Sacramento County.
Few details are being released about the victims but we do know the woman who died in Contra Costa County had other, underlying health problems.
Officials say they've seen 17 severe cases of the flu in Contra Costa County so far.
h1n1, flu, contra costa county, santa clara county, east bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 2 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure 59 min ago
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos