East Bay News
Accused Antioch kidnapper appears in court
ANTIOCH, Calif. (KGO) -- The man accused of kidnapping an Antioch girl made his first court appearance Wednesday.
David Allen Douglas has admitted to abducting the 7-year-old last Friday. She was safely located after an AMBER Alert was issued.
Douglas says taking the child wasn't his idea, but was arranged as part of a government conspiracy against him.
He's now being represented by a public defender.
His arraignment was continued. Douglas will be back in court next Wednesday.
antioch, child abduction, children, amber alert, east bay news
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers 58 min ago
- Manhunt on for Bay Area ATM robber
- Outkast, The Cure to headline BottleRock in Napa
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- CDC reports rare woman-to-woman HIV transmission
- Overnight stays come to Winchester Mystery House
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Uber insurance policy; BottleRock lineup
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Search for lost jet expands amid signs it...
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos